Marijuana Detox, Consumables and THC Detox in Los Angeles, CA
Understanding Marijuana Detox
If you’ve decided to enter a marijuana detox program with us or you’re just starting to consider one, you’ll probably have a lot of questions that you want answering. For example, if you want to flush marijuana out of your system because of drugs tests, you may wonder, “how long does marijuana stay in your system?”
That’s why it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the process and what the detox program will entail before you go ahead. This will ensure you’re fully prepared for your road to recovery.
Below, we’ve answered some common questions to help you take the next step toward your recovery.
What Does Marijuana Leave Behind?
After consuming or smoking marijuana, you’ll probably feel its effects straight away. But even after these have worn off, marijuana metabolites will stay in your system. This means that part of the plant’s chemical components still remain in your body. These are known as cannabinoids and are detected in your urine, blood, fingernails, hair, and saliva.
What Will a Marijuana Drug Test Find?
A drug test that’s searching for marijuana will look for tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the cannabinoid that creates the “high.”
Often, your urine will be tested because it’s easy to collect and THC remains in your urine longer than anywhere else in your body.
THC-COOH is the main metabolite that these drug tests look for and this is stored in fat.
How long does marijuana stay in your hair and other parts of your body?
Due to it being stored in fat cells, marijuana can stay in your body for months.
How Long Will You Test Positive for THC?
As we’ve already seen, THC can be detected in a number of different parts of your body, and how long it remains detectable for depends on several things, including:
- Eating habits
- Body fat percentage
- Exercise regimen
- Quantity and frequency of your marijuana use
Due to the number of factors that can influence the detection time, there’s no measure for how long THC will appear in drug tests. For example, one study found traces of one type of metabolite in urine a month later, while other research suggests THC can be released into your blood from fat stores.
Marijuana may remain in your blood for a week, this could be longer in someone who smokes daily compared to someone who doesn’t smoke marijuana very often.
Marijuana Withdrawal Symptoms
The withdrawal symptoms you have will depend on you and your dependency. For example, if you’ve only been a mild user, you may experience minor psychological and physical discomfort, e.g. restlessness or headaches. But if you’ve been abusing marijuana regularly and in high amounts, you may have intense symptoms, like hallucinations, chills, fever, and sweating.
Common withdrawal symptoms include:
- Loss of appetite
- Mood changes
- Stomach pains
Our fully-tailored detox works to ease you off marijuana slowly until it’s completely gone out of your system. By doing it this way it helps reduce how intense the withdrawal symptoms are.
As soon as these symptoms improve, we’ll discuss whether you need any further treatments, ensuring you’ll avoid a relapse and have a great chance of staying sober.
How Long Do Marijuana Withdrawal Symptoms Last?
How long your withdrawal symptoms last for differs for each person. For the majority of chronic users, withdrawal symptoms will start to kick in on the first day of sobriety. These will build to a peak within 2 to 3 days. These symptoms last around two to three weeks, gradually easing until you barely notice them anymore.
By week three, most, if not all, of your symptoms should have disappeared. However, those whose addiction is deeply psychological may experience anxious, depressive symptoms for several months.
Other Reasons to Choose a Marijuana Detox Program
- You’ve tried to quit several times but haven’t succeeded: Due to the addictive nature of marijuana and the uncomfortable symptoms associated with withdrawing from it, it can be difficult to quit on your own. And that’s where our professional team can help.
- You’re self-medicating with marijuana to help a mental health problem: Sometimes, people use marijuana to try and control a mental health issue. Embarking on a specialist program not only helps treat your addiction but also tackles the disorder that’s co-occurring.
- You’re living in an unstable environment where substance abuse is rife: If substance abuse is encouraged where you live, it may feel impossible to combat your addiction. Taking the time out to sober up on a program can provide you with the safe, comforting environment you need.
We provide outpatient and inpatient treatment programs that are customized to your unique needs and wishes.
The Marijuana Detox Process
Even though there are some medications that help people abstain from certain drugs like cocaine and heroin, there isn’t a specific withdrawal medication available for marijuana. Doctors may administer certain medications that help treat specific symptoms, but there’s no go-to medication that will help with the entire withdrawal process or marijuana cravings.
That’s why many marijuana withdrawal detoxes will include:
- Attending a medically-supervised 12-step recovery program, like the one we run at Revive Detox
- Healthy diet
There are also certain ways you can boost the detox process so it’s easier on you physically and mentally:
- Drinking lots of clear fluids, including water, to flush the body out. Cranberry juice is also good at cleansing your body
- Sweating to help rid toxins from your body. Exercise also gives your positive mental attitude a boost
- Eliminating caffeine and fat from your diet
- Drinking hot milk at night to stave off insomnia
Why Visit Revive Detox
Combining Addiction Treatment and Holistic Approaches for Marijuana & THC Detox
Revive has set itself apart as being a leader in full-scale drug and alcohol detox services, and this reality extends far beyond Los Angeles, California. Among the many reasons behind this is the fact that we have the resources and expertise in providing a much broader, and ultimately, more effective approach toward detox from a long-term recovery and treatment perspective. Taking a closer look at detox from marijuana and THC, we create a full-spread regimen that consists of holistic, dietary, physical and emotional & psychological components that truly address the matter on a multitude of levels. Though we offer a fully customized approach based on the client’s individual needs, a general overview of Revive’s detox services consists of:
- A nationally acclaimed team of substance abuse & detox experts
- Holistically based service (acupuncture, therapeutic massage, aromatherapy, etc.)
- Nutrition therapy by a registered dietitian specializing in addictions & detox
- Nutritious balanced meals that meet the needs of your detoxing body, yet comforting and delicious
- Specialized supplements
- Emotional & psychological support
- Family support & guidance
- Continuation planning and ongoing recovery support services
Keep in mind that while Revive only uses medically trained staff, the vast majority of drug rehab centers as well as many other detox facilities, do not. In fact, the most common type of daily staff support personnel in those facilities often consists of nothing more than “techs” with little or no training whatsoever. Given the seriousness of drug addiction and the withdrawal process in general, we find that to be far insufficient with respect to the patient’s best interests. Detoxification from drugs and alcohol is an in-depth process and unique to each individual patient. It merits assessments, professional oversight and protocols that should only be directed by highly experienced treatment professionals with specialized credentials from such oversight bodies as, FDA, NIDA, ASAM and others.
Many individuals arrive here with complex addictions that involve variations of drugs. Whether yours is strictly with respect to marijuana and THC or far beyond, rest assured that you are in excellent hands! As a leader in addiction treatment and holistic approaches within the scope of detoxification, Revive’s West Los Angeles, CA facility is here for you 24/7! We have a maximum client count of 6.
Welcome to Revive…
The full scope of leading detox services for those seeking help with all variations of drugs and alcohol…call today and create a new launching pad into quality, lifelong sobriety!